Tuesday 12 April 2011

Walworth / Mina Rd responses

June kindly emailed me the following, which she's given me permission to post:

I was at Mina Road from 1953 to 1958. My first year was in 1E(Miss Eggleston.'she was Australian') that class room was on the ground floor of the Lower School.
Then I went into 2 H.(Miss Harvey) and that room was on the first floor of the lower school. Then we moved to the Upper School and I was in 3W(Miss Wallace) I believe that to have been up on the first floor. Also on the first floor was the Library and staff room, they were near the sewing rooms - they always seemed bigger to me than a normal class room with a long table in there for cutting out. I do not believe there was a hall, the hall was on the next(top) floor where we
had assemblies. The Domestic Science (Housecraft) rooms were a separate single storey building near the lower school. The hall in the Lower School I believe as on the ground floor. I do not know if this is of any help at all.

No comments: